Installation Procedure on Windows95/98
1. SCSI host adapter
SCSI host adapter controls the command and data transfer between MO drive and host
computer. (Ex. AHA-2940, AHA-3940 of Adaptec) Windows95/98 supports most of SCSI
2. Device driver
Device driver controls MO drive. Windows95/98 encloses the device driver on installation
CD-ROM or floppy disk. If you use RMO-S551, we recommend using the "Desk Drive
" bundled with RMO-S551.
3. SCSI cable
SCSI cable is used for connecting host adapter and MO drive. Please select proper SCSI
4. Format utility software
Format utility software enables format and partition on the media. Format utility is often
supplied with SCSI host adapter (e.g. ASPI manager and ASPI driver for AHA-29xx are
provided from Adaptec). If you use RMO-S551, we recommend using the "Disk Drive
- Set the SCSI host adapter into the host computer.
- Attach the MO drive using proper SCSI cable.
- Set proper SCSI ID and termination on the MO drive.
2) Windows Native support
- Turn on the drive and insert the media.
- Turn on the power of the host system and boot Windows95/98.
2)-2 To detect the connected hardware
- Click the Start button, point to Setting, a system and boot Windows95/98.
- Click Add New Hardware icon.
- Follow the instructions on display
2)-3 Format and Label the media
- Double-click My Computer icon to view various drive icons.
- Highlight the Removable drive icon
- Point on File, and click Format option to initialize and label media.
SMO-F551 / RMO-S551 Installation Guide