Installation Procedure on SUN System Ⅰ
The following procedure was confirmed with the following system and drive combination:
Since the SCSI driver "sd" which comes with the SUN's UNIX system is as for device
type 0 (see page 13-14 for setting), the cases with device type 7 or 1024 bytes/sector
media are not supported.
- Set the SCSI host adapter into the host computer using proper SCSI cable.
- Set proper SCSI ID on the MO drive.
- Set proper termination.
- Set the Device Type 0.
- Turn on the MO drive and the host computer.
- Login as root or be a super user with "su" command.
3) Format and partition
To make a disk accessible, perform the following three command:
- 'format': using to format media.
- 'newfs': using to make file system.
- 'mount': using to mount media.
Create a 'format.dat' file prior to issuing the 'format' command
4) Edit "format.dat" file
- add following configuration to the "format.dat".
# This is a list of sample Sony 5.25 inch MO disk configurations.
disk_type = "ISO 4X MO disk, 1150MB" ¥
: ctlr = SCSI : fmt_time = 2 ¥
: ncyl = 2261 : acyl = 2 : pcyl = 2263 : nhead = 32 : nsect = 31¥
: rpm = 3600 : bpt = 15872
disk_type = "ISO 8X MO disk, 2035MB" ¥
SMO-F551 / RMO-S551 Installation Guide
SUN SPARC station 5
Solaris 2.3, 2.4, 2.5.1, 2.6, 7,
- device type is set to 0
- 512 byte/sector media is used.