Installation Procedure on DOS and Windows3.1
1. SCSI host adapter
SCSI host adapter controls the command and data transfer between MO drive and host
computer. (Ex. AHA-2940, AHA-3940 of Adaptec)
2. Device driver
Device driver controls MO drive. Device driver is almost supplied with SCSI host adapter.
If you use RMO-S551, we recommend using the "Desk Drive Tune Up
3. SCSI cable
SCSI cable is used for connecting host adapter and MO drive. Please select proper SCSI
4. Format utility software
Format utility software enables format and partition on the media. Format utility is often
supplied with SCSI host adapter (e.g. ASPI manager and ASPI driver for AHA-29xx are
provided from Adaptec). If you use RMO-S551, we recommend using the "Disk Drive
- Set the SCSI host adapter into the host computer.
- Attach the MO drive to the SCSI host adapter using proper SCSI cable.
- Set proper SCSI ID and termination on the MO drive.
2) Install the device driver
- Turn on the MO drive and host computer.
- Install the device driver on DOS level or on Windows3.1 and reboot host computer.
3) Format the media and partition
- Format and partition on the media using a format utility tool, such as "Desk Drive Tune
SMO-F551 / RMO-S551 Installation Guide
" bundled with