305.book Page 75 Tuesday, April 15, 2003 11:15 AM
Setting a Timer Using the Guide
To set a timer while you are using the Guide:
• Highlight a future program.
• Press the INFO key or the ENTER key.
• The Confirm Timer menu will appear (follow the instructions for the Confirm
How to Cancel a Timer
To cancel a timer while it is executing:
• Press the POWER key. For repeating timers (such as those used for daily or
weekly programs), pressing the POWER key only cancels the currently
executing event. The timer for the next repeating event (the timer for the next
day or week) will be re-enabled at the start of the next day.
• Erase the timer on the Timers menu. This will cancel single-event and
repeating event timers. Refer to the section entitled "Change Timer/Erase
If New Settings Conflict with Previous Settings
If your new timer settings conflict with a previously set timer (for example, if both
are set for the same time), a message will appear. It will describe the conflict and
ask you to do either one of the following:
• Press ENTER to replace the conflicting (previously set) timer with the new one.
• Press GO BACK so that you can retain the previously set timer and change the
settings of the current timer so that they no longer are in conflict.
DSR305 User Guide