305.book Page 49 Tuesday, April 15, 2003 11:15 AM
You have the option to scan every channel when you "channel surf." But to help
you locate channels and shows of specific interest, the receiver has an Interests
menu that helps focus your channel surfing.
• By using the Interests menu, you can quickly locate programs according to a
particular theme such as Movies, Sports, Music/Radio, News/Education or
• You can also surf through four lists of favorite channels (Favorites A, B, C,
and D) and surf only the channels on these lists.
How to Display and Use the Interests Menu
• Press the INTERESTS key on the remote control. The Interests menu
• To select an interest (for example, All Programs, Favorites A, B, C, D or
Network Series, News/Education, Movies, Sports, Pay Per View, or
Music/Radio), highlight one of these options and press the ENTER key. The
Guide will appear and display channels or programs that pertain to the interest
you have selected. Remember that once you have selected one of the options
(or interests) from the Interests menu:
- The information you see in the Guide will be limited to programming
that matches the interest you selected. If there is no programming which
matches the interest, a message will appear notifying you of this.
- You will also notice that while you are watching a program or channel,
the left side of the header will display the interest you have selected. If
there is no programming matching the selected interest, a message will
appear notifying you of this.
• Press the INTERESTS key again to display the Interests menu and change
DSR305 User Guide
Interests and Favorites