305.book Page 56 Tuesday, April 15, 2003 11:15 AM
How to Purchase an IPPV Event
• Tune to a channel that displays IPPV programs.
• Follow the instructions on the Purchase menu.
Free Preview Period. There is a free preview period at the beginning of an IPPV
event when you can watch the program without purchasing it. You can purchase a
program or cancel your purchase anytime during the free preview period.
Passwords. You may be asked to enter your password before you can view the
program. If you forget your password or the system does not accept it, you may
have to call your service provider for assistance.
Videotaping Options. You may be unable to videotape some programs, or you
may have the option of paying a higher price for the opportunity to tape the
program on your VCR.
There are a variety of purchase screens, but most of them have the following
• The header (top of screen) will have the screen name, viewing interest (if one
is selected), channel name, channel number, an envelope (if you have an
unread message), and the time.
• If the program is within the free preview period, video will appear in the
middle of the screen.
• The screen will display the program name, the start and end times, icons,
ratings, and the price of the program.