305.book Page 62 Tuesday, April 15, 2003 11:15 AM
2. Set Guide & Favorites. This option allows you to select a future day and time
for viewing IPG listings. It also allows you to create a list of favorite channels that
can be used for selective channel surfing and to limit the programs displayed on
the IPG to a particular group.
3. Set Parental Control (and Passwords). Parental Control features and
passwords allow you to control the programs, channels, and subject matter that
can be viewed with the receiver.
4. Set Timers. This option allows you to set a timer to view (or record) a program
at a future day and time up to one year in advance.
5. List Purchases. This list shows the date, time, cost, and name of each
6. Change System Settings. There are a variety of topics available through this
menu option including language, audio, installation and system status settings.
The Sleep Timer is also located under this option.
Opening Your Mail
Your digital satellite receiver is able to display a variety of messages. Some
messages will be displayed on your screen as soon as they arrive, but others are
stored in your mailbox for you to retrieve. If a message is waiting in your mailbox,
the envelope icon will appear on your screen header while you are watching a
program. This feature applies to viewing in SAT mode only.
How to Display the Mailbox Menu
• Press the OPTIONS key to display the Options Menu.
• Select option 1 (Open Your Mail). The Mailbox menu appears