- Black ink suitable for the selected media type is automatically selected from two types of black ink, "black ink" for vivid and glossy printing and "matte black
ink" for matte and high-quality printing.
- One-inch wide printhead having 2,560 nozzles per color, which are as many as the those of the existing models. High-density printhead technology "FINE" that
can satisfy both of beautiful and fast printing requirements of a high order is employed for accurate ejection of ultrasmall 4-pl drops of ink to the target positions.
Prints with 2400 x 1200 dpi resolution can be made at a high speed.
- Imaging processor "L-COA" incorporated for high-speed image data processing. High-speed processing of 5-color, 12-bit large-size images and printer control
for high-accuracy operation of high-density head can be performed with a single chip.
- Support for roll media, manual feed from front, and manual feed from top (3-way paper supply). A maximum of 1.5 mm thick of paper(POP board) can be manually
fed from the front.
- Borderless printing on and auto cutting of roll media.
- Standard support for 10Base-T/100Base-TX. Standard support for USB 2.0 Hi-Speed. Optional support for IEEE1394.
- Data scanned using CanoScan can be easily printed on large-size paper just like a dedicated copier. Just pressing the Start button allows you to blow up an original
of up to A3 size in collaboration with Canon Image RUNNER.
- Support for remote notification utility which is used to send an E-mail when an alarm or error occurs.
- A 160-by-128-dot-large LCD
Functional enhancements new to this model include:
The cassette feature has been removed in the interest of users who do not require a cassette capability, resulting in a downsized printer geometry and better roll
Printhead set on the carriage is a 6-color integral disposable type.
On the printhead, two rows of 1,280 nozzles (total 2,560 nozzles) are arranged in a staggered pattern. .
If print quality does not improve despite carrying out the specified cleaning, the printhead must be replaced with a new one. Generally, it is recommended that the
printhead be replaced about 12 months after you have opened the package.
1.2.3 Ink Tank
The ink tank is disposable.
There are four dye-based ink colors (black, cyan, magenta, and yellow) and one pigment-based ink color (matte black).
This printer features a mechanism by which only the correct color ink tank will fit in the given slot.
When the message No Ink is displayed, replace the ink tank with a new one. Also, each ink tank should generally be replaced six months after you have opened the
A round-blade cuter comes with the cutter unit.