• Be careful, when you open the appli-
ance door while the appliance is in op-
eration. Hot air can release.
• Do not operate the appliance with wet
hands or when it has contact with wa-
• Do not apply pressure on the open
• Do not use an external timer or a sep-
arate remote-control system to oper-
ate the appliance.
• Always keep the appliance door
closed when the appliance is in opera-
• Do not put cutlery or saucepan lids on
the cooking zones. They become hot.
• Set the cooking zone to "off" after
• Do not use the appliance as a work
surface or as a storage surface.
• If the surface of the appliance is
cracked, disconnect immediately the
appliance from the power supply. This
to prevent an electrical shock.
Risk of fire or explosion.
• Fats and oil when heated can release
flammable vapours. Keep flames or
heated objects away from fats and oils
when you cook with them.
• The vapours that very hot oil releases
can cause spontaneous combustion.
• Used oil, that can contain food rem-
nants, can cause fire at a lower tem-
perature than oil used for the first
• Do not put flammable products or
items that are wet with flammable
products in, near or on the appliance.
• Do not let sparks or open flames to
come in contact with the appliance
when you open the door.
• Open the appliance door carefully.
The use of ingredients with alcohol
can cause a mixture of alcohol and air.
• Do not try to extinguish a fire with wa-
ter. Disconnect the appliance and cov-
er the flame with a lid or a fire blanket.
Risk of damage to the appliance.
• To prevent damage or discoloration to
– Do not put ovenware or other ob-
jects in the appliance directly on the
– Do not put aluminium foil directly
on the bottom of the appliance.
– do not put water directly into the
– do not keep moist dishes and food
in the appliance after you finish the
– be careful when you remove or in-
stall the accessories.
• Discoloration of the enamel has no ef-
fect on the performance of the appli-
ance. It is not a defect in the sense of
the warranty law.
• Use a deep pan for moist cakes. Fruit
juices cause stains that can be perma-
• Do not keep hot cookware on the con-
• Do not let cookware to boil dry.
• Be careful not to let objects or cook-
ware fall on the appliance. The surface
can be damaged.
• Do not activate the cooking zones
with empty cookware or without cook-
• Do not put aluminium foil on the ap-
• Cookware made of cast iron, alumini-
um or with a damaged bottom can
cause scratches on the glass ceramic.
Always lift these objects up when you
have to move them on the cooking
2.3 Care and Cleaning
Risk of injury, fire or damage to
• Before maintenance, deactivate the
appliance and disconnect the mains
plug from the mains socket.
• Make sure the appliance is cold. There
is the risk that the glass panels can
• Replace immediately the door glass
panels when they are damaged. Con-
tact the Service.