V . C O M F O R T A D J U S T M E N T S
Your travel chair may be equipped with a positioning
belt that can be adjusted for operator comfort. See
figure 17. The positioning belt is designed to support the
operator so that he/she does not slide down or forward in
the seat. The positioning belt is not designed for use as a
WARNING! The positioning belt should
be secured at all times. Never allow the
positioning belt to hang or drag on the
floor as it may become entangled.
To install the positioning belt:
1. Remove the rearmost screw that holds the seat hinge
to the seat base on both the left and right seat hinges.
2. Insert the screw through the supplied washer,
through the positioning belt and into the seat base for
each side of the travel chair seat.
3. Tighten both screws.
To adjust the positioning belt for operator comfort:
1. Once seated, insert the metal tab on one side of the belt into the plastic housing on the opposite side until you
hear a click. See figure 17.
2. Pull the excess strap attached to the metal tab until it is secure, but not so tight as to cause discomfort.
To release the positioning belt:
1. Press the push button mechanism on the plastic housing.
MANDATORY! Make sure the positioning belt is properly secured to the travel chair and is
adjusted for operator comfort before each use.
MANDATORY! Inspect the positioning belt for loose parts or damage, including tears, worn spots,
bent hardware, damaged latch mechanisms, dirt or debris, before each use of the travel chair. If
you discover a problem, contact your authorised Pride Provider for maintenance and repair.
Figure 17. Positioning Belt Adjustment