V I I . C A R E A N D M A I N T E N A N C E
To replace the wheel:
1. Turn off the power to the controller.
2. Set the Go-Chair up on blocks.
3. Remove the drive wheel nut and washer from the axle. See figure 21.
4. Pull the wheel off the axle.
5. Slide the new wheel back onto the shaft. Make sure that the key is in the axle slot.
WARNING! Ensure that the axle key is properly installed into the axle slot when mounting the
wheel. If not installed securely, the braking system is disengaged which may cause personal
injury and/or product damage may result.
6. Reinstall the drive wheel nut and washer onto the axle and tighten.
WARNING! Make sure both the nut and washer are reinstalled and tightened properly.
7. Remove the Go-Chair from the blocks.
A battery wiring diagram is printed on a decal located on the front battery tray. See the specifications table for
correct battery specifications.
You may need the following to change your batteries:
metric/standard socket set and ratchet
To replace the batteries:
1. Remove the battery box from the Go-Chair.
2. Turn the pack upside down.
3. Remove all screws that hold the battery box halves together. See
4. Flip the battery box back over so the handle is up and remove the
MANDATORY! Battery posts, terminals, and related accessories contain lead and
lead compounds. Wear goggles and gloves when handling batteries and wash hands
WARNING! The batteries in your travel chair should only be serviced or replaced by
an authorised Pride Provider or a qualified technician.
WARNING! Do not replace the batteries when seat is occupied.
WARNING! Travel chair batteries are heavy. See specifications table. If you are
unable to lift that much weight, be sure to get help. Use proper lifting techniques
and avoid lifting beyond your capacity.
WARNING! Do not mix old or new
batteries at the same time.
PROHIBITED! Keep tools and other
metal objects away from the battery
cause electric shock.
Figure 22. Go-Chair Battery Box