Recording copyright material without permission of the copyright
owners is usually an infringement. If you wish to re-record copyright
material, permission from the copyright owner is necessary. SANYO
does not approve of, and cannot be held responsible for, any
unlawful use of this machine.
Recording discs (Synchronous recording)
1. Press the FUNCTION button on the remote control to select
2. Load a blank cassette.
3. Select "CD" function.
4. Load the disc to be recorded.
Select the track number if required.
For programmed recording, programme the material in advance
(as described under "Programmed play").
5. Press the j button. The deck enters the recording pause mode
and "REC" appears, " a " blinks.
6. Press the TAPE a button. Recording starts.
7. Press the n button to stop recording. The CD player enters auto-
matically pause mode.
Recording from the tuner or other sources
1. Tune in the radio station to be recorded or play other sources.
2. Press the j button.
3. Press the TAPE a button. Recording starts.
4. Press the n button to stop recording.
Using the timer
(Main unit only)
Set the on and off times, and function to be used. Operation will start
with the selected function at the on time.
The power will be switched off at the off time.
The timer will function every day unless it is released.
Make absolutely sure that the clock is set to the correct time before
setting the timer.
Prepare the sources to be used.
If the function selected is tuner, tune in to the desired band and
For tape deck. Tape playback will start in the forward direction.
Adjust the volume level as desired.
Waking up AM 7:30 every day and listening to tape until AM 8:
1. Press the CLOCK/TIMER button.
The present time appears.
2. Press the CLOCK/TIMER button again. " 0 ON" blinks. The pre-
vious timer ON time appears.
3. Press the MEMORY button, "0 ON" and "hour" blink.
4. Turn the VOLUME control to set "hour" display.
When beat interference is heard (Using the main unit)
A high-pitched noise called "beat" is sometimes heard during the
recording of radio broadcasts. If this occurs.
While pressing the n button, press the MEMORY button to select "BC-
A" or "BC-B". Select the setting that gives the best results.
Automatic record muting
Undesirable parts of a programme can be omitted while recording
tuner. When recording "CD" only a 5-second unrecorded blank space
Press the r button once while recording. "REC" blinks and a 5-second
unrecorded blank space is created, then the deck enters the recording
pause mode. "REC" remains lit and " a " blinks on the display.
Safeguards against accidental erasure
Accidental erasure can be prevented by breaking out the tabs on the
end of the cassette tape (where the tape is not exposed) using a
screwdriver or similar implement (Fig. 9).
If a tab is broken out in error and you wish to re-record the tape, simply
block the tab hole using adhesive tape and the tape can be used for
5. Press the MEMORY button. "0 ON" and "minute" blink.
6. Turn the VOLUME control to set "minutes" display.
7. Press the MEMORY button. This completes the setting of the ON
8. Press the CLOCK/TIMER button while "0 ON" is blinking. "0 OFF"
9. Repeat steps 3-7 above. This completes the setting of the OFF
10. Press the CLOCK/TIMER button. " 0 " remains blink. Original
To add another 5-second blank space, press the r button again.
To resume recording, press the TAPE a button.
time. " 0 ON " remains blink.
blinks. The previous Timer OFF time appears.
preset function appears.
Original preset function
(Remote control only)