3. Press the CLEAN pad.
• "CLEAN" will flash.
4. Press the ▲ or ▼ pad.
• "CL-M" (Medium Soil, 3 hours)
5. Press the ▲ or ▼ pad to scroll through
the self-cleaning settings.
CL-H" (Heavy Soil, 4 hours)
CL-M" (Medium soil, 3 hours)
CL-L" (Light Soil, 2 hours)
Choosing the soil level of the oven automatically programs
the self-cleaning time.
6. After four seconds, CLEAN, DELAY and LOCK will appear
in the display to show that the oven is set for a delayed
clean operation. The delay time is displayed.
If the oven has already been set for a clean
cycle and you wish to set a delay:
1. Press the DELAY pad.
• "DELAY" flashes.
• 00:00 will appear in the display.
2. Press the ▲ or ▼ pad to set the amount of
time you want to delay the cycle.
After four seconds, CLEAN, DELAY and LOCK
will appear in the display to show that the oven
is set for a delayed clean operation. The delay
time is displayed.
When the Self-Clean cycle starts:
• "DELAY" will turn off.
• The clean time will appear in the display.
To cancel the Self-Clean cycle:
Press the CANCEL pad.
• All words disappear from the display.
• All functions are canceled.
• The time of day appears in the display.
During the Self-Clean Cycle
When LOCK shows in the display, the door cannot be opened.
To prevent damage to the door, do not force the door open
when LOCK is displayed.
Smoke and Smells
You may see some smoke and smell an odor the first few
times the oven is cleaned. This is normal and will lessen in
Smoke may also occur if the oven is heavily soiled or if a
broiler pan was left in the oven.
As the oven heats, you may hear sounds of metal parts
expanding and contracting. This is normal and will not
damage the oven.
About one hour after the end of the self-clean cycle, LOCK
will turn off. The door can then be opened. Move door lock
lever to the left to unlock.
Some soil may leave a light gray, powdery ash. Remove
it with a damp cloth. If soil remains after wiping, that means
the clean cycle was not long enough. The soil will be
removed during the next clean cycle.
If oven racks were left in the oven and do not slide
smoothly after a clean cycle, wipe racks and rack supports
with a small amount of vegetable oil to make them easier to
Fine lines may appear in the porcelain because it went
through heating and cooling. This is normal and will not
A white discoloration may appear after cleaning if acidic
or sugary foods were not wiped up before the self-clean
cycle. This discoloration is normal and will not affect
• If the oven door is left open, "DOOR" will flash in the
display and a signal will beep until the door is closed
and the CLEAN pad is pressed again.
• If more than five seconds elapse between pressing the
CLEAN pad and the ▲ or ▼ pad, the program will
automatically return to the previous display.
• The oven door will be damaged if the oven door is
forced to open when "LOCK" is still displayed.
• Be sure appliance is off and all parts are cool before
handling or cleaning. This is to avoid damage and
• To prevent staining or discoloration, clean appliance after
• If a part is removed, be sure it is correctly replaced.
Backguard and Cooktop – Porcelain Enamel
Porcelain enamel is glass fused on metal and may crack or
chip with misuse. It is acid resistant, not acid proof. All
spillovers, especially acidic or sugary spillovers, should be
wiped up immediately with a dry cloth.
• When cool, wash with soapy water, rinse and dry.
• Never wipe off a warm or hot surface with a damp cloth.
This may cause cracking or chipping.