Appendix A - Installing the DCS-1130 on a Router Without UPnP
4) Use Port Forwarding to Enable Remote Image Viewing
You will need to use port forwarding on your router to open ports for remote access to your camera. This is sometimes
referred to as Virtual Server Settings. Please proceed as follows:
• Go to the Port Forwarding section of your router.
• Enter a Name for the port forwarding rule, such as your camera
• Enter your camera's IP address in the private/local IP field.
• Select TCP under Traffic Type.
• Enter the HTTP port your camera is set to use in the Start and End
Note: If you are using more than one camera, you will need to select a
different public port for each camera. If you cannot use port 80 for your
public port (for example, if you are already running a web server), select
a different public port for your camera.
• In the Port Forwarding list, a check mark appearing before the camera
name will indicate that the port forwarding rule is enabled.
• Click Save Settings to save your settings.
You will need to repeat these steps to open an RTSP port for your camera (port 554 by default).
D-Link DCS-1130 User Manual