1. Open the manual shutoff valve in the gas supply line. The
valve is open when the handle is parallel to the gas pipe.
A. Closed valve
B. Open valve
2. Test all connections by brushing on an approved
noncorrosive leak-detection solution. If bubbles appear, a
leak is indicated. Correct any leak found.
3. Remove cooktop burner caps, grates and simmer plate from
parts package. Align notches in burner caps with pins in
burner base. Burner caps should be level when properly
positioned. If burner caps are not properly positioned,
surface burners will not light. Place burner grates over
burners and caps.
A. Burner base
B. Burner cap
C. Burner grate
D. Simmer plate
4. Turn on power supply. "PF" should appear on the clock
display. For further information, please refer to the user
instructions located in the Use and Care Guide.
Electronic Ignition System
Initial lighting and gas flame adjustments
Cooktop and oven burners use electronic igniters in place of
standing pilots. When the cooktop control knob is turned to the
"LITE" position, the system creates a spark to light the burner.
This sparking continues, as long as the control knob is turned to
Check Operation of Cooktop Burners
Push in and turn each control knob to the "LITE" position.
The flame should light within 4 seconds. The first time a burner is
lit it may take longer than 4 seconds to light because of air in the
If burners do not light properly:
Turn cooktop control knob to the "OFF" position.
Check that the range is plugged in and the circuit breaker has
not tripped or the household fuse has not blown.
Check that the gas shutoff valves are set to the "open"
Check that burner caps are properly positioned on burner
Repeat start-up. If a burner does not light at this point, contact
your dealer or authorized service company for assistance.
Adjust Flame Height
Adjust the height of top burner flames. The cooktop "low" burner
flame should be a steady blue flame approximately ¼" (0.64 cm)
A. Low flame
B. High flame
The flame can be adjusted using the adjustment screw in the
center of the valve stem. The valve stem is located directly
underneath the control knob.
A. Adjustment screw
If the "low" flame needs to be adjusted:
1. Remove the control knob.
2. Hold the knob stem with a pair of pliers. Use a small flat-
blade screwdriver to turn the screw located in the center of
the control knob stem until the flame is the proper size.
3. Replace the control knob.
4. Test the flame by turning the control from "LO" to "HI,"
checking the flame at each setting.
Check Operation of Oven Element
1. Turn oven selector to BAKE. Default temperature appears in
the temperature display.
2. Press ENTER. The first preheat light comes on when the oven
temperature begins to rise.
3. When the second preheat light comes on, open oven door
and hold hand above oven floor and feel for heat. Do not
touch oven floor. Press CANCEL and turn oven selector to
Check Operation of Oven Broil Element
1. Close the oven door.
2. Turn oven selector to BROIL. "HI" will appear in the
3. Press ENTER. Look through oven window. The top element
should glow red, and heat should be radiating out of the door.
Press CANCEL and turn oven selector to RESET.