PREPARE ELECTRICAL WIRING
FOR PERSONAL SAFETY: Remove house fuse
or open circuit breaker before beginning
installation. Do not use an extension cord or
adapter plug with this appliance.
• This appliance must be supplied with 120V, 60 Hz., and
connected to an individual properly grounded branch circuit,
protected by a 15 or 20 ampere circuit breaker or time delay
• Wiring must be 2 wire with ground.
• If the electrical supply does not meet the above requirements,
call a licensed electrician before proceeding.
Grounding Instructions – Cable Direct
This appliance must be connected to a grounded metal, permanent
wiring system, or an equipment grounding conductor must be run
with the circuit conductors and be connected to the equipment
grounding terminal or lead on the appliance.
Grounding Instructions – Power Cord Models
This appliance must be grounded. In the event of a malfunction or
breakdown, grounding will reduce the risk of electrical shock by
providing a path of least resistance for electric current. The plug
must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is installed and
grounded in accordance with local codes and ordinances.
The improper connection of the equipment
grounding conductor can result in a risk of
electric shock. Check with a qualified
electrician or service representative if you
are in doubt that the appliance is properly
Cabinet Preparation & Wire Routing
• The wiring may enter the opening from either side, rear or the
floor within the shaded area.
• Cut a 1-1/2" max. dia. hole to admit the electrical cable. The hole
must be free of sharp edges. If the cabinet wall is metal, the
hole edge must be covered with a bushing.
• Cable direct connections may pass through the same hole as the
drain hose and hot water line, if convenient. If cabinet wall is
metal, the hole edge must be covered with a bushing.
NOTE: Power cords with plug must pass through a separate
Electrical Connection to Dishwasher
Electrical connection is on the right front of dishwasher.
• For cable direct connections the cable must be routed as shown
in Figure E. Cable must extend a minimum of 24" from the rear
• For power cord connections, install a 3-prong grounding type
receptacle. The power-supply receptacle for the appliance shall
be installed in a cabinet or on a wall adjacent to the
undercounter space in which the appliance is to be installed.