Warning! Refer to "Safety information" chapter.
The packaging material is environmentally-friend-
ly and recyclable. Plastic parts are marked with interna-
tional abbreviations such as PE, PS, etc. Dispose of the
packaging material in the containers provided for this
purpose at your local waste management facility.
GREAT BRITAIN & IRELAND - Guarantee/Customer Service
Standard guarantee conditions
We, Electrolux, undertake that if within 12 months of the
date of the purchase this Electrolux appliance or any
part thereof is proved to be defective by reason only of
faulty workmanship or materials, we will, at our option
repair or replace the same FREE OF CHARGE for labour,
materials or carriage on condition that:
• Appliance has been correctly installed and used only
on the electricity supply stated on the rating plate.
• Appliance has been used for normal domestic pur-
poses only, in accordance with manufacturer's in-
• Appliance hasn't been serviced, maintained, re-
paired, taken apart or tampered with by person not
authorised by us.
• Electrolux Service Force Centre must undertake all
service work under this guarantee
• Any appliance or defective part replaced shall be-
come the Company's property.
• This guarantee is in addition to your statutory and
other legal rights.
Do not remove blanking plates.
Warning! Your appliance should be made
inoperable before it is disposed of, so that it does
not constitute a danger.
To do this, take the mains plug from the socket and
remove the mains cable from the appliance.
• Damage, calls resulting from transport, improper
use, neglect, light bulbs, removable parts of glass,
• Costs for calls to put right appliance which is im-
properly installed, calls to appliances outside United
• Appliances found to be in use within a commercial
environment, plus those which are subject to rental
• Products of Electrolux manufacturer that are not mar-
keted by Electrolux
Service and Spare Parts. Please contact your local
Service Force Centre: 08445 616 616 (Call will be rout-
ed to Service Force Centre covering your postcode
area). For address of local Service Force Centre and
further information, please visit: www.serviceforce.co.uk
Before calling out an engineer, please ensure you have
read the details under the heading "What to do if...".
When you contact the Service Force Centre you will
need to give the following details: Your name, address
and postcode, your telephone number, clear concise
details of the fault, model and serial number of the ap-
pliance (found on the rating plate), the purchase date.