CLEANING AND CARE
● Before cleaning the air conditioner, be sure to turn it off.
● Be sure the Intake Grille (Fig. 1 9) is installed securely.
● When removing and replacing the air filter, be sure not to touch the heat exchanger, as personal
Cleaning the Intake Grille
1. Remove the Intake Grille.
1 Place your fingers at both top indicator of the grille
panel, and pull forward; if the grille seems to catch
partway through its movement, continue pulling down
2 Unhook the ropes which holds the grille.
2. Clean with water.
Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner; wipe the unit with
warm water, then dry with a clean, soft cloth.
3. Replace the Intake Grille.
1 Hook the ropes.
2 Set the left and right mounting shafts into the bear-
ings at the bottom of the panel.
3 Press the place where the mark on the diagram indi-
cates and close the Intake Grille.
● When used for extended periods, the unit may accumulate dirt inside, reducing its performance. We recommend that the
unit be inspected regularly, in addition to your own cleaning and care. For more information, consult authorized service
● When cleaning the unit's body, do not use water hotter than 40 °C, harsh abrasive cleansers, or volatile agents like
benzene or thinner.
● Do not expose the unit body to liquid insecticides or hairsprays.
● When shutting down the unit for one month or more, first allow the fan mode to operate continuously for about one-half
day to allow internal parts to dry thoroughly.
injury may result.
Cleaning the Air Filter
1. Open the Intake Grille, and remove the air
Push down the air filter's handle, disconnect the two up-
per tabs, and pull out.
2. Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or by
After washing, allow to dry thoroughly in a shaded place.
3. Replace the Air Filter and close the Intake
1 Align the sides of the air filter with the panel, and push
in fully, making sure the two upper tabs are returned
properly to their holes in the panel.
2 Close the Intake Grille.
● Dust can be cleaned from the air filter either with a vacuum
cleaner, or by washing the filter in a solution of mild de-
tergent and warm water. If you wash the filter, be sure to
allow it to dry thoroughly in a shady place before rein-
● If dirt is allowed to accumulate on the air filter, air flow
will be reduced, lowering operating efficiency and increas-
● During periods of normal use, the Air Filters should be
cleaned every two weeks.