The damper opens and
Doesn't operate at all:
The unit operates
differently from the Remote
Control Unit's setting:
If the problem persists after performing these checks, or if you notice burning smells, or the OPERATION Indicator Lamp
(Fig. 3 6) and the TIMER Indicator Lamp (Fig. 3 7) flashes, immediately stop operation, and consult authorized service
When the OPERATION Indicator Lamp (Fig.3 6) and the 10°C HEAT Indicator Lamp (Fig.3 8) flashes, the operation can be
maintained temporary by changing of air outlet selection switch to
(If the damper does not close automatically, close the damper manually and fix the position by an adhesive tape etc.) The unit
operates almost the same as upper air flow operation, however the indicator lamp flashes continuously if same symptom is
detected again. Therefore, consult an authorized service personnel for the complete functional repair.
● The damper is automatically controlled by a microcomputer ac-
cording to the air flow temperature and operation time of the air
Items to check
● Has there been a power failure?
● Has a fuse blown out, or a circuit breaker been tripped?
● Is the timer operating?
● Is the Air Filter dirty?
● Air the air conditioner's intake grille or outlet port blocked?
● Did you adjust the room temperature settings (thermostat) cor-
● Is there a window or door open?
● In the case of Cooling operation, is a window allowing bright sun-
light to enter? (Close the curtains.)
● In the case of Cooling operation, are there heating apparatus and
computers inside the room, or are there too many people in the
● Make sure the lower air outlet is not choked with foreign matters,
causing abnormal operation to damper.
● Is the unit set for SUPER QUIET operation?
● Are the Remote Control Unit's batteries dead?
● Are the Remote Control Unit's batteries loaded properly?
, closing the damper completely and press the START/
8 - 9