ADJUSTING THE DIRECTION OF AIR CIRCULATION
Vertical (up-down) direction of airflow is adjusted by pressing the Remote Control Unit's SET button. Horizontal (right-left)
airflow direction is adjusted manually, by moving the Air Flow Direction Louvers.
Whenever making horizontal airflow adjustments, start air conditioner operation and be sure that the vertical air direction
louvers are stopped.
Vertical Air Direction Adjustment
Press the SET button (Fig. 5 S).
Each time the button is pressed, the air direction range will change as follows:
The Remote Control Unit's display does
● Use the air direction adjustments within the ranges shown above.
● The vertical airflow direction is set automatically as shown, in accordance with
the type of operation selected.
During Cooling/Dry mode : Upward flow 1
During Heating mode
● During AUTO mode operation, for the first minute after beginning operation,
airflow will be upward 1; the air direction cannot be adjusted during this period.
● During Heating mode operation, airflow will be upward 1 when the temperature
of the air issued from the indoor is low.
Adjust the Right-Left louvers.
● Move the Right-Left louvers to adjust air flow in the direction you prefer.
: Horizontal flow 4
● Never place fingers or foreign objects in-
side the outlet ports, since the internal fan
operates at high speed and could cause
● Always use the Remote Control Unit's
SET button to adjust the vertical airflow
louvers. Attempting to move them
manually could result in improper op-
eration; in this case, stop operation and
restart. The louvers should begin to
operate properly again.
● When used in a room with infants, chil-
dren, elderly or sick persons, the air
direction and room temperature
should be considered carefully when
● When indoor unit is embedded in a
wall, air flow is fixed to horizontal di-
Please ask the service personnel to per-
form the embedding in a wall.
● Always adjust the Right-Left louvers when
the damper is open. Opening the damper
forcibly with hands can cause damper of