Recording from a Camcorder
(VCR) Using an Analogue
Material from a camcorder can be recorded with this
Recorder using an analog connection. You can capture
video by connecting a camcorder or VCR to the LINE IN 1,
2 or 3 jacks of this Recorder.
• More vivid images can be viewed by connecting the S-
VIDEO input jack on this Recorder with the S-video output
jack on the camcorder using an S-video cable.
• Some camcorders may be required to be connected
using a special cable.
• Refer to the operation manual provided with the
camcorder for further information on the procedure for
connecting the camcorder.
• Material protected with a copy guard cannot be re-
corded. It may be impossible to get the correct video,
even if you just view without recording.
• Date and time as well as the contents of cassette memory
cannot be recorded with this Recorder.
• If you input video from an external device to this Re-
corder, there will be a slight difference in image quality
between the video viewed from the external device
directly on the TV, and video viewed as external input to
To record by connecting a camcorder to the LINE IN 3
(provided with camcorder or
Recording from External Equipment
Press HDD or DVD to select the media to
Select audio to be input from the external
To record to HDD
• Switch audio of the external device to the audio you
want to capture.
To record to DVD
• Select audio using "EXTERNAL AUDIO" (page 84).
• Select "L CH" or "R CH" with "VIDEO MODE
AUDIO" (page 84) to record in Video mode.
Press INPUT to set the connection to exter-
nal input channel (example: L3).
• The setting will cycle as follows each time you press
L1 (IN 1)
DV (DV IN)
Play back the camcorder or VCR.
Press GREC when you reach the scene you
want to start recording.
• The Recorder starts recording.
Press REC PAUSE when you want to pause
• Press REC PAUSE again to cancel Pause mode.
Press REC STOP when you want to stop
L2 (IN 2)
L3 (IN 3)