Simultaneous Recording/Playback Function
Plays back from HDD, DVD or CD while
recording a programme onto HDD.
Viewing the Programme
Being Recorded from the
Recording to HDD
Press |PLAY during recording.
• The programme being recorded will
play back from the beginning.
during Chasing Playback.
• Each time you press the buttons, the
Fast Reverse/Forward Playback
speed changes as shown below.
Fast Forward Playback 2✕ icon
• Press | | | | | PLAY to return to the normal
Press ISTOP/LIVE to return to
the live broadcast which is being
• Press REC STOP to watch normal
• For details on Chasing Playback, see
pages 31, 32.
DVD/CD Playback during
Press DVD during HDD recording.
• The DVD button on the front of the
Recorder lights up.
Load a DVD or CD, then press
• You can watch/listen to a DVD/CD
while continuing recording to HDD.
Playing Back a Title on
the HDD during DVD
Programme Recorded on
HDD while Recording to
FWD is pressed
• Recording to HDD continues even while
playing back another programme on the
HDD or a DVD/CD.
• ISTOP/LIVE is the button for stopping
playback. Recording will not stop. To stop
recording, press REC STOP.
• You cannot play back a DVD-RW/R while
recording to that same DVD-RW/R.
• You cannot start recording during playback
from HDD, DVD or CD.
• During Simultaneous Record/Playback, the
recording conditions may have an effect
on playback, but recording will still be done
Checking the Programme
Being Recorded during
Playback Using the Simul-
back Function (Picture in
• Press P IN P on the remote control.
A small picture is displayed on the
playback screen, so you can check the
programme being recorded (or the
programme which is stopped).
• Picture in Picture will not work during audio
Press HDD during DVD recording.
• The HDD button on the front of the
Recorder lights up.
Play back the title in the HDD.
Press REC LIST during record-
• The REC LIST (list of recorded
programmes) is displayed.
Press ' / " / \ / | to select
programme you want to watch,
then press SET/ENTER.
• For details on programme list
operation, see page 51.