RECORDING WAS STOPPED DUE TO
REPAIRING THE DISC.
THIS IS A NON-STANDARD DISC.
THIS VIDEO CANNOT BE RECORDED
TO THIS DISC.
TIMER RECORDING COULD NOT
LIVE BROADCAST RECORDING
THIS VIDEO IS COPY PROTECTED.
RECORDING IS NOT POSSIBLE.
CANNOT OPERATE DUE TO HDD
CAN VIEW LIVE BROADCASTS ONLY.
CONTACT THE NEAREST SERVICE
CENTRE APPROVED BY SHARP.
POWER IS OFF.
CHECKING HARD DISC.
CAN ONLY VIEW LIVE BROADCAST
UNTIL CONFIRMATION IS OVER.
THIS PROGRAM COPY IS PRO-
CANNOT VIEW TIME SHIFT.
Messages during Special Playback
CANNOT OPERATE DUE TO THE
CONDITION OF HARD DISC.
HARD DISC IS NOT READY YET.
Messages during Dubbing
CANNOT SELECT MORE.
• Occurs when empty space in the
disc runs out.
• Occurs when recording stops
before disc information has been
correctly written onto a DVD, due to
a problem like a power failure.
• Occurs if the loaded disc cannot be
recorded to or played because it is
a non-standard or scratched, etc.
• Occurs if you try to record "Copy
Once" video onto DVD-R or non-
CPRM compatible DVD-RW.
• Occurs if a programme begins
during recording, and recording of
the broadcast itself is forbidden due
to copyright protection.
• Occurs if you attempt to record a
programme, and recording of the
broadcast itself is forbidden due to
• Occurs when there is a problem
with the HDD, and when you
perform an operation which
requires HDD operation, like special
playback or recording.
• If a problem occurs with the HDD
while power is "ON", power is shut
• Occurs if there is a power failure, or
the power cord is unplugged and
plugged in again while power is
• Occurs if time shift viewing is
impossible because recording of
the broadcast itself is forbidden by
• Occurs if you perform operation like
special playback when there is
problem with the HDD.
• Occurs if you perform operation
requiring operation of the HDD (like
special playback or recording)
during HDD preparation.
• Occurs if you attempt to select 6
titles (chapters) at the screen for
selecting titles or chapters to be
On-screen Error Messages
• Wait until DVD disc recovery is
• Remove the disc.
• Record on CPRM compatible DVD-
RW disc in VR mode.
• Initialize the HDD once. If initializa-
tion does not solve the problem,
please contact the nearest service
centre approved by Sharp as soon
• It may take 1-2 minutes to check the
HDD. During this time, you can only
watch live broadcasts. Wait a while
until the check is over.
• You can only view live broadcasts.
• The HDD must be repaired, so
contact the nearest service centre
approved by Sharp as soon as
• You can only view live broadcasts
until preparation is finished. Wait a
while until operation is enabled. (If
you use the Recorder at a cold
location and the HDD temperature
is low, HDD preparation may take
• Dub 5 titles (or chapters) at a time.