Do not install the machine in the following locations. Doing so
may result in personal injury, fire or electrical shock.
A location subject to excessive vibrations
A location where block the ventilation slots (too close to walls,
bed, shaggy rug, and other similar objects)
A damp or dusty location
A location exposed to direct sunlight or an outside place
A location subject to high temperatures
A location near open flames
A location with poor ventilation system
Although ozone is produced by this machine is working, the
amount is too low to have any effect on the human body.
However, if you intend to use the machine for long periods of
time, ensure that the installation location is well ventilated.
Do not connect unapproved cables to this machine. Doing so
may result in a fire or an electric shock.
Do not use power cords other than the one provided, as this can
result in a fire or electrical shock.
Do not modify or bend the power cord and do not pull on it
with great force. Do not place heavy objects on the power cord.
Damaging the power cord may result in a fire or an electric
Do not plug or unplug the power plug with wet hands, as this
can result in electrical shock.
Do not use extension cords or multi-plug power strips with this
machine. Doing so may result in a fire or electric shock.
Do not bundle up or tie up the power cord in a knot, as this can
result in a fire or electrical shock.
Insert the power plug completely into the AC power outlet.
Failure to do so can result in a fire or electrical shock.
Remove the power plug completely from the power outlet
during a thunder storm. Failure to do so can result in a fire,
electrical shock, or malfunction.
Use only a power supply that meets the voltage requirements
listed herein. Failure to do so may result in a fire or electric
Do not obstruct the power outlet where this machine is
connected, so that you can unplug the power cord easily in an
Do not disassemble or modify the machine. There are high-
temperature and high-voltage components inside the machine
which may result in a fire or electrical shock.
Do not allow children to touch or play with the power cord
and cables or internal or electrical parts. Doing so may result in
serious personal injury.
Please contact an authorized Canon dealer if the machine
makes an unusual noise, emits an unusual smell, or emits smoke
or excessive heat. Continued use may result in a fire or electric
Do not use flammable sprays near the machine. If flammable
substances come into contact with electrical parts inside the
machine, this may result in a fire or electric shock.
For your safety, please unplug the power cord if the machine
will not be used for a long period of time.
Use caution when opening and closing covers to avoid injury to
Keep hands and clothing away from the rollers in the output
area. If the rollers catch your hands or clothing, this may result in
The inside of the machine and the output slot is very hot during
and immediately after use. Avoid contact with these areas to
prevent burns. Also, printed paper may be hot immediately after
being output, so use caution when handling it. Failure to do so
may result in burns.
Maintenance and Inspections
Turn off the machine and unplug the power cord from the
outlet before cleaning. Failure to do so may result in a fire or an
Unplug the power plug from the power outlet periodically and
clean the area around the base of the power plug's metal pins
and the power outlet with a dry cloth to remove dust and grime.
When damp, accumulated dust may cause short circuiting or
Use a damp, well wrung-out cloth to clean the machine.
Dampen cleaning cloths with water only. Do not use alcohol,
benzenes, paint thinners, or other flammable substances. If
these substances come into contact with electrical parts inside
the machine, this may result in a fire or electric shock.
Check the power cord and plug regularly for damage. Check
the machine for rust, dents, scratches, cracks, or excessive heat
generation. Use of poorly-maintained equipment may result in a
fire or electric shock.
Do not dispose of used toner cartridges in open flames. This
may cause an ignition, and result in burns or fire.
If you accidentally spill or scatter toner, carefully wipe up the
loose toner with a damp, soft cloth and avoid inhaling any toner
dust. Never use a vacuum cleaner to clean up loose toner. Doing
so may cause a malfunction in the vacuum cleaner or result in a
dust explosion due to static discharge.
Keep the toner cartridges and other consumables out of the
reach of small children. If toner is ingested, consult a physician
or poison control center immediately.
Do not attempt to disassemble the toner cartridge. The toner
may scatter and get into your eyes or mouth. If toner gets into
your eyes or mouth, wash them immediately with cold water
and consult a physician.
If toner spills from the toner cartridge, avoid inhaling it or
allowing it to come into contact with your skin. If the toner
comes into contact with your skin, wash immediately with soap.
If you inhale the toner or your skin becomes irritated due to
contact with the toner, consult a physician or poison control