IFU-TL HR GB.fm Page 3 Friday, November 7, 2008 2:30 PM
PRECAUTIONS AND GENERAL
• The washing machine is appropriate for indoor
• Do not store flammable fluids near the appliance.
• Do not place electrical appliances on the lid of
your washing machine.
• Children must be supervised to ensure that they
do not play with the appliance.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been given supervision
or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
• Do not attempt to force the lid open.
• If necessary, the power cable may be replaced
with an identical one obtained from our After-
Sales Service. The power cable must only be
replaced by a qualified technician.
• The packaging materials are 100% recyclable and
bear the recycling symbol
regulations when disposing of packaging material.
3.Disposing of packaging and old washing
• This appliance is marked according to the
European directive 2002/96/EC on Waste
Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly,
you will help prevent potential negative
consequences for the environment and human
health, which could otherwise be caused by
inappropriate waste handling of this product.
on the product, or on the
documents accompanying the product, indicates
that this appliance may not be treated as
household waste. Instead it shall be handed over
to the applicable collection point for the recycling
of electrical and electronic equipment.
Disposal must be carried out in accordance with
local environmental regulations for waste disposal.
For more detailed information about treatment,
recovery and recycling of this product, please
contact your local city office, your household
waste disposal service or the shop where you
purchased the product.
Black process 45.0° 100.0 LPI
• The washing machine is built from reusable
materials. It must be disposed of in compliance
with current local waste disposal regulations.
• Before scrapping, cut off the power cable so that the
washing machine cannot be connected to the mains.
• Remove detergent from compartment if you
intend scrapping your washing machine.
4.Energy saving tips
• Achieve the best use of energy, water, detergent
and time by using the recommended maximum
• Do not exceed the detergent dosages indicated
in the manufacturer's instructions.
• The Eco Ball - a special system in the outlet - will
prevent detergent loss from the drum to avoid
detergent loss into the environment.
• Use "Prewash" (if available on your model) for
heavily soiled laundry only! Save detergent, time,
water and energy consumption by not selecting
"Prewash" for slightly to normally soiled laundry.
. Adhere to local
• Pretreat stains with stain remover or soak dried
in stains in water before washing to reduce the
necessity of a hot wash program.
• Save energy by using a 60° C instead of a 95° C
wash programme or a 40° C instead of a 60° C
• Save energy and time by selecting a high spin
speed to reduce the water content in laundry
before using a tumble dryer (for machines with
adjustable spin speed).
• Do not leave the washing machine connected
when not in use. Turn off the tap.
• Before cleaning or carrying out maintenance
switch off the washing machine and disconnect it
from the mains supply.
6.EC Declaration of Conformity
• This washing machine has been designed,
constructed and distributed in compliance with
the safety requirements of EC Directives:
2006/95/EC Low Voltage Directive
2004/108/EC Electromagnetic Compatibility