IFU-TL HR GB.fm Page 12 Friday, November 7, 2008 2:30 PM
Your washing machine is equipped with automatic safety functions which detect and diagnose faults at an
early stage and allow you to react appropriately. These faults are frequently so minor that they can be
removed within a few minutes.
Appliance does not start,
no indicator lamps are on
Appliance does not start
has been pressed
Appliance stops during the
programme, and the
"Start/Pause" light flashes
contains residues from
detergent/additives at end
Appliance vibrates during
Final spin results are poor The appliance has an imbalance detection and correction system. If
Programme time is some
initially displayed (only for
appliances having a
display which indicates
Black process 45.0° 100.0 LPI
Causes, Solutions, Tips
• Plug is not properly inserted in socket.
• Socket or fuse does not function correctly (use a table lamp or similar
appliance to test it).
• Lid is not properly closed.
• The "Lock buttons" function
model). To unlock the buttons, push temperature and spin speed button
simultaneously and hold them at least for 3 seconds. The key symbol on
the display disappears and the programme can be started.
• "Rinse hold" option is activated (if available on your model) and
(Rinse hold) lights up in the programme sequence indicator -
terminate "Rinse hold" by pressing "Start/Pause" or by choosing and
• Programme has been changed - reselect desired programme and press
• Programme has been interrupted and eventually lid has been opened -
close lid and restart programme by pressing "Start/Pause".
• The appliance's safety system has been activated (see "Description of red
• Water tap is not opened or water inlet hose is kinked ("Water tap closed"
indication lights up).
• Detergent dispenser is not properly installed, or detergent dispenser is
blocked (see "Care and Maintenance").
• Filter in the water inlet hose is blocked (see "Care and Maintenance").
• Washing machine is not level; the feet are not properly adjusted (see
• The transport bracket has not been removed; before using the washing
machine, the transport bracket must be removed.
individual heavy items are loaded (e.g. bathrobes), this system may reduce
the spin speed automatically or even interrupt the spin completely in order
to protect the washing machine.
• Heavy items prevented spinning; add smaller articles of laundry and repeat
• Excessive foam formation prevented spinning; select and start "Rinse &
Spin" programme. Avoid excessive detergent dosing (see "Detergents
• "Variable spin" button (if available on your model) has been set to a low
spin speed, or "No spin" option (if available on your model) has been
Normal capacity of the appliance to adapt to factors that can have an effect
on the wash programme time, e.g.: excess of foam formation, load
imbalance due to heavy items of laundry, prolonged heating time resulting
from reduced inlet water temperature.
Due to such influences, the programme time is recalculated and updated if
necessary. On certain displays (depending on the model), an
animation appears during such update periods.
has been activated (if available on your