(upper oven only)
To set Broil:
1. Press the Broil pad.
• BROIL, UPPER and SET flash.
2. Press the Autoset pad once to set HI broil or
twice to set LO broil.
• HI or LO will be displayed.
Select HI broil for normal broiling. Select LO broil for
low-temperature broiling of longer cooking foods such
3. After four seconds, the oven will start.
• BROIL and HI or LO will remain lit.
4. For optimum browning, preheat burner for 5 minutes
before adding food.
5. Place food in the oven. Close oven door.
6. Turn meat once while cooking.
7. When food is cooked, press the CANCEL pad.
Remove food and broiler pan from the oven.
Broiling Chart -
Broil times are based on a 5 minute preheat.
Steak, 1" thick,
4 oz. Hamburgers, 3/4" thick (up to 12)
4 oz. Hamburgers, 3/4" thick (up to 6)
Bone-in, skin-on breast
Steaks, 1" thick
Chops, 1" thick
* When broiling fish, spray broil pan insert with cooking oil. Do not turn fish filets.
** Broiling times are approximate and may vary depending on the thickness of the food. Turn meat halfway through cooking times.
• For best results when broiling, use a pan designed for
• HI broil is used for most broiling. Use LO broil when
broiling longer cooking foods to allow them to cook to
well done stage without excessive browning.
• Broil times may be longer when the lower broiling tem-
perature is selected.
• Never cover broiler pan insert with aluminum foil. This
prevents fat from draining to the pan below.
• Broiling can be done on the oven rack or remove oven
rack and place broiler pan on the oven bottom.
• If more than 30 seconds elapse between pressing the
Broil pad and the Autoset pad, the oven will not be set
and the display will return to the previous display.
• Most foods should be turned halfway through broiling
• For a browned/seared exterior and rare interior, it may be
necessary to decrease cook time on side one.
8 - 14 (medium)
15 - 19 (well)
12 - 15 (well)
25 - 35
8 - 11
10 - 15
18 - 25
1 - 4