PREPARE DISHWASHER ENCLOSURE
To reduce the risk of shock, fire, or injury
to persons, the installer must ensure that
the dishwasher is completely enclosed at
the time of installation.
Para reducir el riesgo de choque, incendio
o lesión a personas, el instalador se
debe cerciorar de que la lavadora esté
completamente cerrada en el momento
de la instalación.
• The rough cabinet opening must have a minimum width
and depth of 24" and height of 34-1/2" ± 1/4" from the ﬂ oor
to the underside of the countertop.
• The back wall should be free of pipes or wires.
• Adjacent cabinets should be square and plumb to ensure
a good ﬁ t. Refer to Figure A
• For a corner installation, allow 2" minimum clearance
between the dishwasher and the adjacent wall.
• Provide at least 28-3/8" in front of the dishwasher to allow
the dishwasher door to open fully. Refer to Figure B
This Wall Area
Must Be Free of
Pipes or Wires
34-1/2" ± 1/4"
be Even with
• Make sure the ﬂ oor is level inside the opening and even with
the ﬁ nished ﬂ oor of the kitchen. This will facilitate removal
of the dishwasher at a later date for service, if needed.
Special consideration for a dishwasher installed on
a elevated platform
The elevated platform must be flat and level.
Plumbing and Electric Service
Must Enter Shaded Area
• The dishwasher must be installed no more than 10 feet
from sink for proper drainage.
• The dishwasher must be fully enclosed on the top, sides
• The dishwasher must not support any part of the enclosure.
In a corner installation, provide at
least 2" clearance between the
dishwasher and the adjacent
cabinet, wall, or other appliance.
Provide at least 28-3/8" of clearance
in front of the dishwasher.