STEP 14 – LEVEL DISHWASHER
– Dishwasher must be level for proper
dish rack operation and wash performance.
• For Top-Mount Control Models:
Make sure 1/2" minimum gap is maintained.
• For All Models:
Place level on door to check that the dishwasher is level
side to side. Remove lower
rack, place level on lower
rack track inside tub to
check that the
dishwasher is level
front to back.
• If the dishwasher is not level, adjust the four leveling legs
as illustrated in Figure Y.
• If adjustment to the
right-rear leveling leg
is required, access it
by loosening the
junction box bracket
screw (through the
access hole) and
rotate bracket clockwise.
• The dishwasher is properly leveled when the level indicator is
centered left to right and front to back. The dishwasher door
should close without hitting the sides of the tub,
• Replace the lower rack when leveling is complete.
Tip: Avoid unnecessary service charges for poor wash
performance and rack operation.
Pull the dish racks half way out. They should remain stationary.
Open and close the door. The door should ﬁ t in the tub opening
without hitting the side of the tub. If the racks roll on their own,
or the door hits the side of the tub, relevel the dishwasher.
– After leveling, verify that the
dishwasher is centered in the enclosure and the door does
not hit adjacent cabinets.
STEP 15 – SECURE DISHWASHER TO
In this step you will need
the 2 Phillips special head
screws set aside in Step 1.
The dishwasher must be
secured to the countertop
or the cabinet sides. When
countertops are made of
wood, use Method 1. When
countertops are granite or
other materials that will not
accept screws, use Method
2 to secure dishwasher at the sides.
Drive screws straight
and flush. Protruding
screw heads will
scratch the top or
sides of the control
panel and can interfere with door closing.
Secure dishwasher to wood countertop
• Fasten the dishwasher to the underside of the countertop
with the 2 Phillips special head screws provided.
Secure dishwasher with side-mounting brackets
• Remove plug buttons (one on each side).
• Install screws through the dishwasher side-mount bracket
and into the adjacent cabinet on each side. Reinstall plug
Either Method–For Top-Mount Control Models.
Make certain 1/2" gap minimum is maintained.
• When step is complete, close dishwasher door and verify
that gap between countertop and top of dishwasher door is
at least 1/2".
COUNTERTOP OR CABINET