• For the smart card, ensure that the metal contacts are facing upward and pointing toward the card
Remove the card
Attention: Before removing the card:
1. Click the triangular icon in the Windows notification area to show hidden icons. Right-click the icon
prompting you to safely remove hardware and eject media.
2. Select the corresponding item to eject the card from the Windows operating system.
3. Press the card and remove it from your computer. Store the card safely for future use.
Use the RFID feature (for selected Intel models)
Depending on the model, your computer might come with an integrated Radio Frequency Identification
(RFID) reader. With the RFID technology, you can log in to an RFID-enabled system using a granted RFID
object, such as an ID badge.
To log in to the system, place your identification card above the area
This section provides instructions on how to use hardware accessories to expand your computer
Lenovo has a number of hardware accessories and upgrades to help expand the functionalities of your
computer. Options include memory modules, storage devices, network cards, port replicators or docking
stations, batteries, power adapters, keyboards, mice, and more.
To shop at Lenovo, go to
You can use the following docking stations to extend the capacity of your computer:
• ThinkPad Basic Docking Station
• ThinkPad Pro Docking Station
• ThinkPad Ultra Docking Station
Explore your computer