Note: The actual charging speed of your computer depends on many factors, such as the remaining battery
power of the computers, the wattage of the ac power adapter, and whether you are using the computers.
Change the power settings
For ENERGY STAR
compliant computers, the following power plan takes effect when your computer has
been idle for a specified duration:
• Turn off the display: After 10 minutes
• Put the computer to sleep: After 10 minutes
To reset the power plan:
1. Right-click the battery status icon and select Power Options.
2. Choose or customize a power plan of your preference.
To reset the power button function:
1. Right-click the battery status icon and select Power Options ➙ Choose what the power buttons do.
2. Change the settings as you prefer.
Quickly share your files using the built-in Bluetooth or NFC technology among devices with the same
features. You also can insert a microSD card or smart card to transfer data.
Set up a Bluetooth connection
You can connect all types of Bluetooth-enabled devices to your computer, such as a keyboard, a mouse, a
smartphone, or speakers. To ensure successful connection, place the devices at most 10 meters (33 feet)
from the computer.
1. Type Bluetooth in the Windows search box and then press Enter.
2. Turn on Bluetooth, if it is off.
3. Select a Bluetooth device, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Set up an NFC connection (for selected models)
If your computer supports NFC, you will see an NFC mark or label
To turn on NFC:
1. Type Airplane mode in the Windows search box and then press Enter.
2. Ensure that the Airplane mode is off and turn on the NFC function.
around the trackpad area.
Explore your computer