Keep to the following security recommendations to prevent unauthorized access to the
● You should make regular checks to make sure that the device meets these
recommendations and other internal security guidelines if applicable.
● Evaluate your plant as a whole in terms of security. Use a cell protection concept with
● Do not connect the device directly to the Internet. Operate the device within a protected
● Keep the firmware up to date. Check regularly for security updates of the firmware and
● Check regularly for new features on the Siemens Internet pages.
– Here you can find information on Industrial Security:
– Here you can find information on security industrial communication:
– You can find a publication on the topic of network security (6ZB5530-1AP02-0BA5)
Restrict physical access to the device to qualified personnel.
Do not connect the CM directly to the Internet. If a connection from the CM to the Internet is
required, arrange for suitable protection before the CM, for example a SCALANCE S with
Operating Instructions, 07/2019, C79000-G8976-C355-04
Enter the following filter: 6ZB5530