4.3 IP configuration
CM in multiple use IO systems (standard machines)
Multiple use IO system in standard machines
In PROFINET IO controller mode, the CM can be used in standard machines of the same
After configuration, the address parameters of the CM are adapted to the required settings.
With suitable configuration of the CM, the lower-level IO devices adopt the address
parameters from the CM.
Requirements in the configuration
In terms of configuration it is assumed that the standard machine is delivered with a
configured PROFINET IO system and the CM is the IO controller to which several IO devices
are assigned in the PROFINET IO system.
The following requirements must be met in the configuration:
● PROFINET IO system
In the configuration of the PROFINET IO system, the option "Multiple use IO system" was
activated in the "General" tab. This makes the IO system a standard machine project in
the STEP 7 project.
● IO controller (CM) > PROFINET interface
– In the Ethernet addresses of the CM, the following option is activated under
– In the advanced options the following option is activated in the interface options:
● IO devices > PROFINET interface
With the lower-level IO devices there are also some settings to be made that are
described in the STEP 7 information system.
Help in the STEP 7 information system
You will find the required information in the STEP 7 information system with the following
● Creating a standard machine project
Changing address parameters at runtime
After the standard machine has started up, you can adapt the preset address parameters
using the following methods:
● Using the following STEP 7 commissioning tools:
– Primary Setup Tool (PST)
● From the user program using the program block "IP_CONFIG"
● Using the program block "T_CONFIG"
"PROFINET": "PROFINET device name is set directly at the device"
"Permit overwriting of device names of all assigned IO devices"
Operating Instructions, 07/2019, C79000-G8976-C355-04