Using the Laser Scanner (DT-X400-10)
1. After turning on the power, position the barcode
reader close to a bar code and then press the
2. The laser emits light and scans the bar code.
If scanning is completed normally, Notiﬁ cation
LED displays a green light.
Precautions for Use
• If you have problem not properly reading a code, change the angle and/or the
distance between the code and the terminal and try reading it again.
• A bar code can be read from a distance of 43mm to 890mm. The actual reading
distance depends on the symbology and the resolution.
• Soiling on the barcode reader port may prevent successful reading. Should the
reader port become dirty, wipe it clean with a soft and dry cloth.