3.4 Before you release the product to the customer.. 10 4 Servicing data 4.1 LB248S , LB253S, LB348SI.........11 5 Servicing tools 5.1 Service tools for LB248S, LB253S, LB348SI..12 6 Function overview 6.1 Type plate/Product serial number......13 6.2 Engine..............13 6.3 Battery..............13...
1 Introduction 1.1 Document description This manual gives a full description of how to do maintenance and repair on the product. It also gives safety instructions that the personnel must obey. 1.2 Target group This manual is for personnel with a general knowledge of how to do repair and do servicing.
2 Safety 2.1 Safety definitions Poisonous fumes: • When using cleaning fluids read the manual Warnings, cautions and notes are used to point out carefully. specially important parts of the manual. • Make sure there is correct airflow when handeling WARNING: Used if there is a risk of injury or fuel.
2.4 Symbols on the product This product must be de- posited at an applicable re- cycling location. (Applies to Europe only) Start procedure for model Warning: Careless or incorrect use can result in injury or LB348SI: push ON/OFF death to the operator or others. button, loosen start inhibi- tor, push motor brake han- dle down.
3 Prepare and do servicing on the product 3.1 Assembly 4. Move the knobs up in the direction of the handle until they stop at the top of the groove in the handle. 3.1.1 Introduction 5. Tighten the knobs fully. This section describes how to assemble and adjust the product.
3. Fold the handle forward. 2. Lift the handle to upright position. 4. Remove the grass catcher. 3. Set the handle height in one of the 2 available positions on the ends of the handle. Make sure to 3.1.4 To set the product in operation position set the same height on both sides.
3.2.1 To start the product • Make sure that the ignition cable is connected to the spark plug. 188.8.131.52 Manual start (LB248S , LB253S) • Before you pull the product rearward, disengage the drive and push the product forward approximately 1.
1. Press the lock buttons (A) and pull the battery out. Här får du gärna ändra 3.3 Service schedule intervallerna så de For descriptions of the maintenance procedures refer to the operator's manual. stämmer. WARNING: Always remove the ignition cable from the spark plug and remove the battery before you do maintenance, repairs or clean the product.
Maintenance task Before use After each Every 10 Every 25 Every 100 Before hours hours hours storage Make sure that the release button on the battery functions correctly. Make sure that the battery charger functions correctly. Check the connections between the battery and the product.
5 Servicing tools 5.1 Service tools for LB248S, LB253S, LB348SI Item Description Use for Article number 10 mm Open Wrench 27 mm Open Wrench T-handle Torx T25 Screw with torx head 5027127-01 Snap ring pliers Snap rings Screw driver, PH4...
You need to start the battery before the first time you 6.2 Engine use it. The model LB248S have a Briggs & Stratton 650EXI To charge the engine. LB253S have a Briggs & Stratton 675EXI 1. Put the battery into the charger, see battery on page 13 .
3. Front axle parts of the blade are in the direction of the cutting 4. Gearbox cover. 5. Engine. 5a. LB248S , LB253S. 5b. Engine with electrical start for LB348SI 6. Drive belt 7. Start inhibitor, only on LB348SI 8. Mulch door and frame.
1. Examine the wheels for damages. Replace the wheels if necessary. 7.4.3 To assemble the wheels 1. Assemble in the opposite sequence. Make sure to LB248S , LB253S, use the correct torque. Refer to LB348SI on page 11 . 7.5 Front axle 4.
1. Examine the front axle for damages. Replace the front axle if necessary. 7.5.3 To assemble the front axle 1. Assemble in the opposite sequence. Make sure to LB248S , LB253S, use the correct torque. Refer to LB348SI on page 11 . 7.6 Gearbox 7.6.1 To disassemble the gearbox...
6. Remove the wire from the bracket with pliers. Remove the spring from the gearbox. 7.6.2 To assemble the gearbox 1. Assemble in the opposite sequence. Make sure to LB248S , LB253S, use the correct torque. Refer to LB348SI on page 11 . 7.7 Engine 7.
Remove the blade support. 7.7.2 To assemble the engine 1. Assemble in the opposite sequence. Make sure to LB248S , LB253S, use the correct torque. Refer to LB348SI on page 11 . 7.7.3 To do a test of the engine brake •...
7.8 The drive belt 4. Remove the 2 screws. Remove the Belt cover. Remove the blade support. 7.8.1 To disassemble the drive belt 1. Remove the 4 screws and the two washers. Remove the rear cover. 5. Remove the belt from the engine pulley. Remove the belt from the transmission pulley.
7.10.2 To assemble the mulch door and frame 1. Assemble in the opposite sequence. Make sure to 1. Assemble in the opposite sequence. Make sure to LB248S , LB253S, use the correct torque. Refer to LB248S , LB253S, use the correct torque. Refer to LB348SI on page 11 .
7.11.2 To disassemble the engine brake wire 3. Remove the engine brake wire from the engine. 1. Remove the nut and screw. Remove the bracket. 2. Remove the wire from the engine brake handle. 7.11.3 To disassemble the throttle wire 1.
2. Remove the wire from the bail arm. 7.11.4 To assemble the wires 1. Assemble in the opposite sequence. Make sure to LB248S , LB253S, use the correct torque. Refer to LB348SI on page 11 . 7.12 Oil 7.12.1 To change the engine oil WARNING: Engine oil is very hot directly after the engine is stopped.
7.13.3 To assemble the spark plug 1. Assemble in the opposite sequence. Make sure to use the correct torque. Refer to LB248S , LB253S, LB348SI on page 11 . 7.14 Air filter 7.14.1 To clean and change the air filter An air filter that has been used for a long time cannot be fully cleaned.
8 Troubleshooting 8.1 Battery LED on the battery Possible faults Possible procedure To charge the battery on The green LED is flash- The battery voltage is low Charge the battery. See page 13 . To charge the battery on The error LED flashes The battery is weak Charge the battery.
Poor or uneven cut Worn or bent blade Sharpen or replace blade. Refer to To disas- semble the blade on page 15 LB248S , Loose blade Tighten blade bolt. Refer to LB253S, LB348SI on page 11 To disas- Blade adapter broken Replace blade adapter.