Check the intensity setting in the printer driver.
Do not print outside recommended printing area.
If you print outside the recommended printing area of your paper, ink may stain the lower edge of the paper.
Resize the document using application software.
Is paper feed roller dirty?
Clean paper feed roller.
Cleaning the Paper Feed Rollers
Is inside of printer dirty?
During duplex printing, ink may stain the inside of the printer, smudging the printout.
Perform bottom plate cleaning to clean inside of printer.
Cleaning Inside the Printer (Bottom Plate Cleaning)
• To prevent staining inside the printer, be sure to set the correct paper size.
Set longer ink drying time.
This allows the printed surface to dry, preventing smudges and scratches.
• For Windows:
1. Make sure printer is turned on.
2. Open printer driver setup window.
Opening Printer Driver's Setup Screen
3. Click Maintenance tab and Custom Settings.
4. Drag Ink Drying Wait Time slide bar to set the wait time and click OK.
5. Check message and click OK.
• For macOS:
Set the waiting time using Remote UI.
Changing the Printer Operation Mode