1. Roll up paper in opposite direction to paper curl as shown below.
2. Check that paper is now flat.
We recommend printing curl-corrected paper one sheet at a time.
• Depending on paper type, the paper may smudge or may not feed properly even if it is not curled inward.
Follow the instructions below to curl the paper outward up to 0.1 inch / 3 mm (B) in height before printing.
This may improve the print result.
(C) Print side
We recommend feeding paper that has been curled outward one sheet at a time.
Set printer to prevent paper abrasion. (Windows)
Adjusting the setting to prevent paper abrasion will widen the clearance between the print head and the paper. If
you notice abrasion even with the media type set correctly to match the paper, set the printer to prevent paper
abrasion following the procedure below.
1. Make sure printer is turned on.
2. Open printer driver setup window.
Opening Printer Driver's Setup Screen
3. Click Maintenance tab and Custom Settings.
4. Select Prevent paper abrasion check box and click OK.
This may reduce the print speed.
* Once you have finished printing, undo this setting. Otherwise, it will apply to subsequent print jobs.
If intensity is set high, reduce intensity setting and try printing again. (Windows)
If you are printing with a high intensity setting on plain paper, the paper may absorb too much ink and become
wavy, causing paper abrasion.