Choosing a location
• Do not install the printer in a location that is unstable or subject to excessive vibration.
• Do not install the printer in locations that are very humid or dusty, in direct sunlight, outdoors, or close
to a heating source.
To avoid the risk of fire or electric shocks, use the printer under the operating environment specified in
• Do not place the printer on a thick rug or carpet.
• Do not place the printer with its back attached to the wall.
• Ensure that the area around the power outlet is kept clear at all times so you can easily unplug the
power cord if necessary.
• Never remove the plug by pulling on the cord.
Pulling the cord may damage the power cord, leading to possible fire or electrical shock.
• Do not use an extension lead/cord.
Working Around the Printer
• Never put your hands or fingers in the printer while it is printing.
• When moving the printer, carry the printer at both ends. In case the printer weighs more than 14 kg, it
is recommended to have two people lifting the printer. Accidental dropping of the printer may cause
injury. For the printer's weight, refer to the Specifications.
• Do not place any object on the printer. Especially do not place metal objects (paper clips, staples,
etc.) or containers of flammable solvents (alcohol, thinners, etc.) on top of the printer.
• Do not transport or use the printer on a slant, vertically or upside-down, as the ink may leak and
damage the printer.
Print Heads/Ink Tanks/FINE Cartridges
• Keep ink tanks out of the reach of children. In case ink is accidentally licked or swallowed, rinse out
mouth or give one or two glasses of water to drink. If irritation or discomfort occurs, obtain medical
• In case ink gets in contact with eyes, rinse with water immediately. In case ink gets in contact with
skin, wash with soap and water immediately. If irritation to eyes or skin persists, obtain medical advice
• Never touch the electrical contacts on a print head or FINE cartridges after printing.
The metal parts may be very hot and could cause burns.
• Do not throw ink tanks and FINE cartridges into fire.
• Do not attempt to disassemble or modify the print head, ink tanks, and FINE cartridges.