TRADITIONAL SOUR DOUGH
(Bakes in the oven)
See pages 20 & 21 for ingredients for Breadmaker Sour Dough Bread
& Sour Dough Starter
1. Measure Breadmaker Sour Dough Bread ingredients in the order listed into Baking Pan.
2. Insert Baking Pan securely into unit; close lid.
3. Select DOUGH setting.
4. Push start button. There will be a 25-minute preheat delay before mixing begins.
5. The Complete Signal will sound when the dough is done.
6. Using a pot holder, remove Baking Pan from the unit and carefully remove dough from Baking Pan onto a floured surface.
7. Shape into a large oval.
8. Place loaf on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with cornmeal and cover with a clean towel.
9. Allow to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
10. Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Fill a 9x13-inch (23 x 33 cm) baking pan with 1/4-inch (.64 cm) hot water and place on
bottom oven rack.
11. In small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil while stirring frequently.
12. Remove towel from loaf. Using a sharp knife, cut 1/2-inch (1.27 cm) deep diagonal slashes on the top of the loaf.
13. Brush loaf with cornstarch mixture.
14. Bake in preheated oven and brush with the cornstarch mixture during baking period.
15. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until bread sounds hollow when tapped.
Time: 2 hours (for dough)
*In Canada, use either bread flour or all-purpose flour;
in U.S., use bread flour.