• The sound fields for music and movies do not work
in the following cases.
– The multi channel input is selected.
– DTS-HD signals with a sampling frequency of
more than 48 kHz are being received.
– Dolby TrueHD signals with a sampling
frequency of more than 48 kHz are being
– Signals with a sampling frequency of more than
48 kHz are being received.
– The multi channel PCM signals are received via
a HDMI IN jack.
• When one of the sound fields for music is selected,
no sound is output from the subwoofer if all the
speakers are set to "LARGE" in the Speaker
However, the sound will be output from the
– the digital input signal contains LFE signals.
– the front and surround speakers are set to
– the sound field for movie is selected.
– "Portable Audio" is selected.
• You can identify the encoding format of DVD
software, etc., by looking at the logo on the
• Sound fields with DCS marks use DCS
technology. See "Glossary" (page 125).
• When the sound field's D CS mark is selected,
the Digital Cinema Sound lamp lights up on the
To turn off the surround effect
Select "2ch Stereo" or "A.F.D. Auto" in the
Surround settings menu.
Resetting sound fields to
the initial settings
Be sure to use the buttons on the receiver for
Press POWER to turn off the
While holding down MUSIC,
"S.F. CLEAR" appears on the display and
all sound fields are reset to their initial