• The Auto Calibration function does not work if
– SPEAKERS (OFF/A/B/A+B) is set to off.
– headphones are connected.
• If the muting function has been activated before
you perform Auto Calibration, the muting function
will be set to off automatically.
Connect the supplied optimizer
microphone to the AUTO CAL
Set up the optimizer
Place the optimizer microphone at your
seating position. Use a stool or tripod so
that the optimizer microphone remains at
the same height as your ears.
On setting up the active
• When a subwoofer is connected, turn on the
subwoofer and turn up the volume
beforehand. Turn the MASTER VOLUME
knob to just before the mid-point.
• If you connect a subwoofer with the
crossover frequency function, set the value
• If you connect a subwoofer with an auto
standby function, set subwoofer to off
Depending on the characteristics of the subwoofer
you are using, the setup distance value may be
further away from the actual position.
Using the receiver as a pre-
You can use the Auto Calibration function
when you use the receiver as a pre-amplifier.
In this case, the distance value shown on the
display may differ from the actual distance
value. However, there will be no problems
even if you continue to use the receiver with