Notes on connecting DIGITAL
MEDIA PORT adapter
• When connecting the DIGITAL MEDIA
PORT adapter, be sure the connector is
inserted with the arrow mark facing towards
the arrow mark on the DMPORT jack.
• Be sure to make DMPORT connections
firmly, insert the connector straight in.
• As the connector of the DIGITAL MEDIA
PORT adapter is fragile, be sure to handle
with care when placing or moving the
• To disconnect the DIGITAL MEDIA PORT
adapter, squeeze the sides of the connector,
since the connector is locked in place.
Notes on playing a Super Audio
CD on a Super Audio CD player
• When you play a Super Audio CD, connect
the player to the MULTI CHANNEL INPUT
or SA-CD/CD IN jacks (analog input jack)
on this receiver. Refer to the operating
instructions supplied with the Super Audio
• You cannot make digital recordings of a
Super Audio CD.
If you want to connect several
digital components, but cannot
find an unused input
See "Enjoying the sound/images from other
inputs" (page 98).