Connecting components with
HDMI is the abbreviated name for High-
Definition Multimedia Interface. It is an
interface which transmits video and audio
signals in digital format.
• A digital audio signals transmitted by HDMI
can be output from the speakers and the PRE
OUT jacks on this receiver. This signal
supports Dolby Digital, DTS and linear
• This receiver can receive Multi Linear PCM
(up to 8 channels) with a sampling frequency
of 192 kHz or less with an HDMI
• Analog video signals input to the VIDEO
jack or COMPONENT VIDEO jacks can be
up-converted as HDMI signals. Audio
signals are not output from an HDMI OUT
jack when the image is converted.
• This receiver supports High Bitrate Audio
(DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD),
Deep Color and xvYCC transmission,
extended by HDMI ver1.3.
• This receiver supports the Control for HDMI
function. For details, see "Control for
HDMI" (page 87).