Types of A.F.D. mode
The Auto Format Direct (A.F.D.) mode allows
you to listen to higher fidelity sound and select
the decoding mode for listening to a 2 channel
stereo sound as multi channel sound.
[appears on TV screen]
Enhanced Surround Mode
Pro Logic II*
Pro Logic IIx*
* Depends on the speaker pattern setting, some enhanced surround mode parameter may not be available.
• This function does not work in the following cases.
– The multi channel input is selected.
– DTS-HD signals with a sampling frequency of
more than 48 kHz are being received.
– Dolby TrueHD signals with a sampling
frequency of more than 48 kHz are being
– "Analog Direct" is being used.
• The beginning of the sound stream may be dropped
out when Neural-THX
5-channel signals Performs Dolby Pro Logic II decoding.
7-channel signals Performs Dolby Pro Logic IIx decoding.
7-channel signals Performs DTS Neo:6 Cinema mode decoding.
7-channel signals Performs DTS Neo:6 Music mode decoding. This
7-channel signals Next generation of Neural-THX
processing is turned on or
Presets the sound as it was recorded/encoded without
adding any surround effects.
setting is ideal for normal stereo sources such as CDs.
addition to stereo enhancement processing and pure
discrete 5.1 surround sound, now capable of full 360°
7.1 surround sound playback from Neural-THX
Surround encoded content.
Outputs 2 channel left/right signals from all speakers.
However, sound may not be output from certain
speakers depending on the speaker settings.
• You can identify the encoding format of DVD
software, etc., by looking at the logo on the
• Dolby Pro Logic IIx decoding is effective, when a
multi channel signal is input.