INVALID LEADSET INOP
This indicates that the transmitter has either detected a
4-wire leadset or an EASI ä ECG transmitter has a 3-wire
leadset attached. Do the following:
1. If a 4-wire leadset has been installed, monitoring is
not possible. Replace with a 3- or 5 wire leadset.
a. If the transmitter is a standard ECG transmitter,
replace with a 3- or 5-wire leadset.
b. If the transmitter is an EASIä ECG transmitter, a
5-wire must be used.
2. If the transmitter is an EASI ä ECG transmitter, this
INOP will appear if monitoring is attempted while a
3-wire leadset is attached to the transmitter. Attach
a 5-wire leadset.
3. If this is a standard ECG transmitter, it may be
configured as an EASI ä transmitter. Check the
configuration of the EASI parameter using the
transmitter Service Tool or Wave Viewer, as
– Telemetry Service Tool: Connect the service
tool to the transmitter and move to
Transmitter Configuration Screen Two
– Wave Viewer: Connect a 5-wire leadset to the
transmitter and to an ECG simulator. Establish
communication between the Wave Viewer and
the transmitter. If the ECG waveform is
labelled EASI and has the lead selections of
AI, AS and ES, the transmitter is configured
for EASI operation. If the ECG waveform is
labelled Lead and has the lead selections: I, II,
III, aVR, aVL, aVF, MCL and V, the transmitter
is configured for standard ECG.
– If the transmitter is configured incorrectly,
reconfigure it using the Service Tool.
Transmitter Non-RF Application