• No power
• Unit cannot be operated.
• Remote control unit does not
• Picture is cut off/with sidebar
• Strange color, light color, or color
• Power is suddenly turned off.
• No picture
• No sound
• The TV sometimes makes a
The error message about reception of broadcast
The example of an error message
displayed on a screen
• Failed to receive broadcast.
• No broadcast now.
Cautions regarding use in high and low temperature environments
• When the unit is used in a low temperature space (e.g. room, ofﬁ ce), the picture may leave trails or appear slightly delayed.
This is not a malfunction, and the unit will recover when the temperature returns to normal.
• Do not leave the unit in a hot or cold location. Also, do not leave the unit in a location exposed to direct sunlight or near a
heater, as this may cause the cabinet to deform and the Liquid Crystal panel to malfunction.
Storage temperature: f4°F to e140°F (f20°C to e60°C)
• Check if you pressed TV POWER on the remote control unit. (See page 15.) If the
indicator on the TV does not light up, press POWER on the TV.
• Is the AC cord disconnected? (See page 7.)
• Has the power been turned on? (See page 15.)
• External inﬂ uences such as lightning, static electricity, may cause improper operation.
In this case, operate the unit after ﬁ rst turning on the power of the TV or unplugging
the AC cord and replugging it in after 1 or 2 minutes.
• Is the FUNCTION set correctly? Set it to the TV setting position.
• Are batteries inserted with polarity (e, f) aligned? (See page 8.)
• Are batteries worn out? (Replace with new batteries.)
• Are you using it under strong or ﬂ uorescent lighting?
• Is a ﬂ uorescent light illuminated near the remote control sensor?
• Is the image position correct? (See page 32.)
• Are screen mode adjustments such as picture size made correctly? (See pages 34
• Adjust the picture tone. (See pages 25 to 26.)
• Is the room too bright? The picture may look dark in a room that is too bright.
• Check the input signal setting. (See page 37.)
• Is the sleep timer set? (See page 33.)
• Check the power control settings. (See page 28.)
• The unit's internal temperature has increased. Remove any objects blocking vent or
• Is connection to other components correct? (See pages 13 and 14.)
• Is correct input signal source selected after connection? (See page 29.)
• Is the correct input selected? (See page 29.)
• Is picture adjustment correct? (See pages 25 to 26.)
• Is "On" selected in "Audio Only"? (See page 36.)
• Is a non-compatible signal being input? (See page 14.)
• Is the volume too low? (See page 18.)
• Is "Variable" selected in "Output Select"? (See page 36.)
• Have you pressed MUTE on the remote control unit? (See page 18.)
• This is not a malfunction. This happens when the cabinet slightly expands and
contracts according to change in temperature. This does not affect the TV's
• Check the antenna cable. Check that the antenna is correctly
• Check the broadcast time in the program guide.