Basic adjustment settings
Advanced picture adjustments
This TV provides various advanced functions for
optimizing the picture quality.
Press MENU to display the MENU screen, and
then press c/d to select "Picture".
Press a/b to select "Advanced", and then
Press a/b to select a speciﬁ c adjustment
item, and then press ENTER.
• You can select "Color Temp.", "Black", "I/P
Setting", "Film Mode", "3D-Y/C", "Monochrome",
or "Range of OPC".
Press a/b (or c/d) to select the desired
• See the table for the selectable parameters.
Press MENU to exit.
For a better white balance, use color temperature
White with Bluish tone
White with Reddish tone
Changes the viewing depth by automatically adjusting
the dark portion of an image for easier viewing.
For high detail in black portions
Converts input signals depending on the type of
Suitable for fast-moving images
Suitable for smooth images with low
amounts of ﬂ ickers
• "I/P Setting" is not selectable when channel display shows
an input resolution of 480P, 720P, or 1080I.
Film Mode (3:2 pull-down)
Automatically detects a ﬁ lm-based source (originally
encoded at 24 frames/second), analyzes it then recreates
each still ﬁ lm frame for high-deﬁ nition picture quality.
Detects, analyzes, converts ﬁ lm source
Normal viewing mode
• "Film Mode" does not function when you set:
— the "AV Mode" to "Game" or
— the "I/P Setting" to "Fast".
Provides high quality images with minimal dot crawl
and cross color noise.
For still images
For moving images
For Game Mode
• 3D-Y/C is available for input signal from Composite Video
and analog broadcasts (air and cable).
For viewing a video in monochrome.
For viewing in monochrome
Range of OPC
The brightness level range of the OPC sensor's automatic
adjustments can be set according to your preferences.
The adjustment range of the OPC sensor can be set to a
maximum of e16 and a minimum of f16.
f15 through e16
f16 through e15
• The range of OPC settings are active only when the OPC is
set to On.
• The maximum setting cannot be set to a smaller number
than the minimum setting.
• The minimum setting cannot be set to a bigger number
than the maximum setting.
• Depending on the brightness of the surrounding light, the
OPC sensor might not operate if the adjustment range is