Thank you for purchasing this machine.
Before using this machine or attempting any maintenance, carefully read the "IMPORTANT SAFETY
INSTRUCTIONS" on this page, and then study the Operation Manual for the correct operation of the
various functions. In addition, after you have finished reading this product safety manual, store it where it
can quickly be accessed for future reference. Failure to follow these instructions may result in an
increased risk of personal injury or damage to property, including through fire, electrical shock, burns or
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Please read these safety instructions before attempting to use the machine.
Always unplug the machine from the electrical outlet immediately after using, when cleaning, when making any
user servicing adjustments mentioned in this manual, or if you are leaving the machine unattended.
Always unplug the machine from the electrical outlet when removing covers, or when making any adjustments
mentioned in the instruction manual.
• To unplug the machine, switch the machine to the symbol "O" position to turn it off, then grasp the plug and pull
it out of the electrical outlet. Do not pull on the cord.
• Plug the machine directly into the electrical outlet. Do not use an extension cord.
• Always unplug your machine if the power is cut.
• This machine should be connected to an AC power source within the range indicated on the rating label. Do not
connect it to a DC power source or inverter. If you are not sure what kind of power source you have, contact a
• This machine is approved for use in the country of purchase only.
Never operate this machine if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped
or damaged, or water is spilled on the unit. Return the machine to the nearest authorized Brother dealer for
examination, repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
• While the machine is stored or in use if you notice anything unusual, such as an odor, heat, discoloration or
deformation, stop using the machine immediately and unplug the power cord.
• When transporting the sewing machine, be sure to carry it by its handle. Lifting the sewing machine by any other
part may damage the machine or result in the machine falling, which could cause injuries.
• When lifting the sewing machine, be careful not to make any sudden or careless movements, otherwise you may
injure your back or knees.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock
- To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to