xii Before you begin
Before you begin
Before using the iR C2100/2100S, follow these steps:
1. Conﬁrm that the system administrator has completed Setup, as described
in the Conﬁguration Guide.
2. Find out what printer defaults the administrator speciﬁed in Setup.
These default settings can affect the results of your print jobs. Check with
your administrator or operator for information on these default settings.
3. Conﬁrm that the user software is installed correctly on your workstation,
as described in Getting Started.
4. Consult the Color Guide for information on print options and application
features that affect color output.
5. Find out how your workstation is conﬁgured for printing on the network.
If your site has an operator who controls all printing, you may have access to
the Hold queue only. In this case, all jobs you send are spooled to the
iR C2100/2100S and held until the operator sends them to their next stage
You may also have access to the Print queue. If you send jobs to this queue,
jobs spool to the iR C2100/2100S and proceed to RIP and print according to
your job settings—unless someone (you, or an operator, for example)
Lastly, you may have access to the Direct connection, which sends jobs
straight to the server without spooling.
6. Find out whether the iR C2100/2100S is set up to use Fiery WebTools and
what your access privileges are.
The administrator may or may not have enabled access to the server via the
Internet (or an intranet). If access is enabled, a password may be required to
utilize certain functions.