• Do not subject the computer to heavy shock or vibration.
• Do not expose the computer to dust or dirt.
• Never place objects on top of the computer.
• Do not slam the computer display when you close it.
• Never place the computer on uneven surfaces.
Taking care of your AC adapter
Here are some ways to take care of your AC adapter:
• Do not connect the adapter to any other device.
• Do not step on the power cord or place heavy objects on
top of it. Route the power cord and any cables away from
where people walk.
• When unplugging the power cord, do not pull on the cord
itself but pull on the plug.
• The total ampere ratings of the equipment plugged in
should not exceed the ampere rating of the cord if you are
using an extension cord. Also, the total current rating of all
equipment plugged into a single wall outlet should not
exceed the fuse rating.
Cleaning and servicing
When cleaning the computer, follow these steps:
1. Turn off the computer.
2.Disconnect the AC adapter.
3.Use a soft, moist cloth. Do not use liquid or aerosol
If your computer is dropped or visibly damaged, or does not
work normally, please contact your nearest authorized Acer
service center. For more information, please See Frequently
asked questions on page 66.
First things first - 7